Stress, is such a common thing we could frequently encounter in our daily life. How to deal with them properly is absolutely related to how good your life quality could be. If you search through the inernet, you could find tons of information that teach you how to deal with your stress and how to manage them. I have learnt a lot from both my classes and my readings outside classes. Here, I would like to conclude severl ways that I think are effective in my personal practice.
1. Talking to your family and friends. Love is the basic support of everything, I believe in this, and also believe the power of love. My aunt is a psychologist, who has even told me that a person should have at least two or three friends or relatives he/she could trust to tell what he/she think inside his/her heart. This way could partly gurantee one’s psychological health. I have tried this way and found it is very helpful. Everytime, I feel depressed or have something inside my heart that I could not deal with, I would talk to my parents or my dearest friends. And, I also find speaking out timely does you much good than holding the story inside, which is especially applicable when you and your beloved ones have problems, such as you and your parents, you and your lovers, you and your close friends. Bravely telling out your feelings and listing out the problems, and then communicating with each other would make your life go into sunshine quickly.
2. Eating more fruits and drink more water. I find fruits could make me happy when I am in the low mood, my mother (who is a nutritionist) told me that, it may be because fruit and water could provide vitamines and help recyclying your bodies. Once you are “physically” refreshed, your mind would become clear and calm so that you could think of a way to deal with your problems.
3. Exercise. I think finding a proper way of exercise is very important in handling stress, for example, if you asks me to run, I would even feel more bored and exhausted, so I usually choose dancing as my way of exercise. Everytime I dance ( such as doing some latin dances or waltz), not only I would feel refreshed physicially, but also spiritually. The music in ballroom makes me relaxed from inside.
4. Putting yourself in the arm of nature. This is one of the relaxation ways I like best. Because I believe in the relationship between nature and humanbeings. We are the children of nature, and our root is in the nature. The famour chinese poet Zhimo Xu says: the reason why we humanbeings always feel bored and depressed is because we are gradually away from nature. I believe in this sayings, and believe that nature could always enlighten people and bring peaces to them. I am enjoying involving myself in nature, and the ideal thing I would do in my vacations is to travel as many places as possible to be close to animals, plants and nature, to appreciate the beauty and creatures of nature.
5. Relaxing yourself in your own ways. I think everyone has a way that could make them achieve the maximum relaxation. As long as the way is not illegal and does not bring more harm than good, I think we could be “addicted” to it a little bit when our stresses really trouble our life.
The above are my opinions about how to deal with stresses, and whenever I encounter stresses, I always remind myself that life is a process more than a result, and the key is to live the life, to feel the life and to enjoy the life. So it would be wise if you control the stress to an degree that allows it help you achieve something while not hinder your steps of enjoying a good life.